SENIOR MOVES – PACKING, MOVE MANAGEMENT, STORAGE, & JUNK REMOVAL
We provide all the services needed to make your senior move a litemove – from “staging” your home for maximum sale value, to packing and senior move management, to unpacking and getting you settled in your new home.
From a senior moving to a skilled senior living facility in Philadelphia to downsizing to a 55+ condo in Florida. litemovers has the right senior move management team in the Delaware Valley to help you or your parents complete a stress free move.
Recognized in the moving industry for our expertise, reliability and professionalism, our customers can bank on our courteous, professional service they have come to expect. While our history is rooted in smaller moves, over time, we have expanded or services to include the litemovers 360 service to moves of all sizes.
A move to your future.
Managing the move of a life long residence is never an easy thing to do, no matter the situation. With so many things to consider, it can be daunting. For seniors looking to move like you, it can be even that much more so.
We pride ourselves in understanding the concerns of each and every senior moving customer. There is no such thing as a cookie-cutter move with litemovers. Each customer has their own special thoughts and concerns and we take them into account when we manage your senior move.
When it comes to relocating our seniors we take particular note of the difficult side of moving, the emotional side. We are moving more than your furniture and boxes, we are moving your memories, and often it’s decades of memories. It can be viewed as an “end of an era.” Often our senior moves and relocations are born of necessity, not desire. With the right senior move management before and during the move, we will help you focus on the positive side of the move such as: less responsibility can mean more independence, it can free you up to allow you to enjoy your life.
Downsizing, Think of it as rightsizing!
Move planning, organizing, and our proven process, removes the stress of moving. If you are moving to a smaller home or apartment, relocating to a senior facility or even moving to a new location within an existing center, we remove the concerns and angsts through move planning, organization, processes and preparation. We can even unpack and arrange your furniture exactly as you want it once you reach your new “home.” We are not finished moving until everything is as you want it. Now you can immediately begin enjoying your new place.
Here are some downsizing tips that will make your senior move a litemove.
1.Remember, you are not alone. Ask for assistance from your family, friends and professional movers that truly care.
2. Think of it as Spring-cleaning. Begin by eliminating items that you know you will no longer need. Each time you clean, ask yourself, have I used this or even looked at it in the last 6 months. If not, it might be a good candidate to discard rather than move. Remember, it is your decision, so relax.
3. As you use items each day, jot down the ones that are must keeps.
4. Your unwanted items could be someone else’s treasures. Old photos and books can become family heirlooms, so ask friends or family. You could even consider donating some of the items that don’t make your “keep list.” litemovers can help you get larger items moved to charities.
5. “Do I really need this?” Consider your older clothing that you don’t wear or that may be out of style. Discard of things that are just taking up space. You may be amazed just how much “stuff”you have and don’t use. Discarding these items can free up space and give you a feeling of freedom. Check your medicine cabinet. Do you have prescriptions you no loner need? Maybe ask your doctor or nurse about proper disposal of out of date or unused medicines.
6. Spice it up, or down. We all have way more spices than we need. Dispose of the ones you bought because it seemed like a good idea after watching a show on “The Food Network”
Then, check your cabinets for out dated or can goods and other items that have gone unused and donate them to the needy. We are happy to assist with removal of all of your old unwanted items. We will take your donations to the charity of your choice. If you have heavy items, ask for assistance. Litemovers can help you plan and manage your senior move. No need to wait until the last minute. But, if you are like many others and find yourself up against a deadline, relax, we will make your move a litemove!