Here are some downsizing tips that will make your move a litemove.
1.Remember, you are not alone. Ask for assistance from your family, friends and professional movers that truly care.
2. Think of it as Spring-cleaning. Begin by eliminating items that you know you will no longer need. Each time you clean, ask yourself, have I used this or even looked at it in the last 6 months. If not, it might be a good candidate to discard rather than move. Remember, it is your decision, so relax.
3. As you use items each day, jot down the ones that are must keeps.
4. Your unwanted items could be someone else’s treasures. Old photos and books can become family heirlooms, so ask friends or family. You could even consider donating some of the items that don’t make your “keep list.” litemovers can help you get larger items moved to charities.
5. “Do I really need this?” Consider your older clothing that you don’t wear or that may be out of style. Discard of things that are just taking up space. You may be amazed just how much “stuff”you have and don’t use. Discarding these items can free up space and give you a feeling of freedom. Check your medicine cabinet. Do you have prescriptions you no loner need? Maybe ask your doctor or nurse about proper disposal of out of date or unused medicines.
6. Spice it up, or down. We all have way more spices than we need. Dispose of the ones you bought because it seemed like a good idea after watching a show on “The Food Network”