This video provides an overview of the different kinds of boxes that professional movers use and their best uses when you are packing to move. This video is from our friends at Marathon Moving in Boston. Don’t want to pack? Click here to learn more about our packing services in the Philadelphia area.
Movers use a variety of boxes to safely transport different types of items during a move.
Here’s an overview of the different types of boxes that movers use:
- Standard moving boxes: These are the most common type of box used by movers. They come in different sizes and are used for packing a variety of items, including books, clothes, kitchenware, and small appliances.
- Wardrobe boxes: These tall boxes have a hanging bar inside and are used for packing clothes on hangers, such as suits, dresses, and coats. They help to keep clothing wrinkle-free during the move.
- Dish packs: These boxes are specially designed for packing fragile items like dishes, glassware, and other kitchen items. They are sturdier than standard boxes and have extra layers of protection to prevent breakage.
- Electronics boxes: These boxes are designed to transport electronics safely during a move. They come in different sizes and are equipped with foam inserts to protect items like TVs, computers, and gaming consoles.
- Mirror and picture boxes: These boxes come in different sizes and are designed to protect mirrors, artwork, and framed pictures during transport. They have extra protection in the form of foam inserts and cardboard corners.
- Mattress boxes: These boxes come in different sizes to fit all types of mattresses. They help to protect the mattress from dirt and damage during the move.
By using the right box for each item, movers can ensure that your belongings arrive at your new home in the same condition as when they left. It’s important to communicate with your movers about any special items you have that may require additional protection or custom packaging.
Comments are closed.