Here are a list of moving tips that Joan, our office manager and our movers put together to make sure you have a lite move.
1. Most important tip: Be prepared & organized. Your local move is based on time. The more organized you are, the more efficient we can be.
2. Boxes: Use good strong boxes. Seal & label with contents and destination locations. Grouped accordingly for efficiency. Plastic Tubs are no ot ideal for moving- they crack too easily.
3. Packing: Anything that is to be moved should be packed & contained in boxes if at all possible.
4. Bureaus, Desks, File cabinets, etc.- Empty the drawers for moving day.
5. Furniture Placement: Consider the layout ahead of time.
6. Arrange a Sitter for Pets & Small Children
7. Floor Protection- if you are moving to a home with hardwood, consider felt pads for protection beneath all furniture.
8. Parking: Consider where the truck will need to Load & Unload. Please secure any necessary parking permits ahead of time. (Any parking tickets incurred during the loading & unloading, will be the responsibility of the customer.) 9. Check the access route to where the truck is to be loaded/ unloaded. Make certain the path is devoid of obstacles, and if necessary, clear of snow, and heavily salted.
10. Elevator- If necessary, make an elevator reservation with your building management. 11. Insurance Certificate- If required by your building, we need to know in advance.