A great video that explains how to pack books and CD’s, DVD’s. Following the instructions in this video will help to make sure that your belongings move safely whether you are moving locally on the Main Line or you are moving long distance to Florida.
Here are some general packing tips to keep in mind:
- Gather your supplies: You’ll need sturdy boxes, packing paper or bubble wrap, packing tape, and a marker.
- Sort and organize: Sort your CDs, DVDs, and books by size and category so you can pack them more efficiently.
- Wrap fragile items: If you have any valuable or fragile CDs or DVDs, wrap them in packing paper or bubble wrap to protect them during the move.
- Pack CDs and DVDs: Stack the discs vertically in a row and wrap them with packing paper or bubble wrap. Pack them tightly together in a box, with the heaviest items on the bottom and lighter items on top. Fill any gaps with packing material to prevent shifting during the move.
- Pack books: Line the bottom of the box with packing paper or bubble wrap. Place the books flat in the box, with the heaviest books on the bottom and lighter books on top. Alternate the orientation of the books to distribute the weight evenly. Fill any gaps with packing material.
- Label the boxes: Use a marker to label the boxes with the contents and room destination. This will help you and your movers identify the contents of each box and make unpacking easier.
- Seal the boxes: Use packing tape to seal the boxes securely. Be sure to reinforce the bottom of the box with extra tape to support the weight of the items inside.
By following these tips, you can pack your CDs, DVDs, and books safely and efficiently for your move. Remember to take your time, be careful when handling fragile items, and label your boxes clearly to make the unpacking process easier.